- Q: All these different kinds of bonds are so confusing! What do they mean by Property Bond, Or Surety Bond, Or Even A Cash Bond?!?!
- A: Bonds come in all shapes, sizes and forms. Property Bonds, Which most people think require property to sign, do not require it. This simply means that if you own property you can use it to fulfill the bond ,or just use a bonding company! Surety Bonds are quite different. They require a certified Surety (bonding company) to complete them. You may not use your property on this type of bond. Cash bonds are the most strenuous of all these types of bonds. These result when a defendant has failed to Appear, Comply, or Pay as agreed by the court. Bonding companies may not touch these types of bonds as they must be paid in full, in cash!
- Q: What Do I need to get someone out of jail?
- A: Most of the time you will need to know the defendant's Birth date and Full name. Also your state photo identification is required along side any fees agreed upon.
- Q: I got bonded out of Marshall County, and I Never got a court date!
- A: Normally it takes up to two weeks for the clerks office to file the appropriate paperwork, and get you a place on the docket. If in doubt give them a call at (256)-571-7791